6/04/2011

Dear Little Girl

Dear Little Girl,

I hope you love my hair. I hope it makes you smile. I hope your thankful for the sacrifice I am making knowing your out there glad you get to own hair once more. I hope your happy that I donated, though many told me not to. I hope you can smile because you won't be stared at. I hope you stand on the beach and let the wind push it from your face. I hope you brush it in crazy styles, like I once would. I hope you put barrettes and ribbons in it, and make it as pretty as you are. I hope your friends gather around and help you do it up. I hope you laugh with them and braid their's as well. I hope you don't fret that it's not really your hair. I hope you accept it like your own. I pray you are happy, no matter where you are. I hope you think of me when you feel the lightly sun-highlighted hair. I hope you pray every night to God, to let him know how happy you are. I hope I will hear those prayers some day.

Perhaps, little girl, you are no little girl. Maybe you are a teenager?

I hope your boyfriend kisses your head lightly, and runs his hands through your hair. I hope you primp up yourself in the mirror for a nice day at the mall with your friends. I hope you giggle all hours of the night about how cute that boy was there. I hope God catches your tears every night, and I hope that He can put a smile on your face. I pray your parents will be happier, knowing you've been granted with my locks. I hope you think of that girl walking around without the seventeen inches she gave to your. I hope you curl it, crimp it, straighten it, dazzle it, and tie it. I hope you braid it, play with it, and love it- all as I once did. I hope you twirl the ends of it embarrassedly as you are complimented on your beauty. I hope you realize how beautiful you really are.

But, perhaps teenage beauty, you are no teenager. Maybe you are a woman?

I hope your husband caresses you in your sleep as he whispers in your ear. I hope he gently plays with your hair as he lays that perfect kiss on your lips. I hope you get a million compliments on the hair I've given to you. I hope you spend time to care for it as I wish you will. I hope your children get their hands stuck in it and giggle to themselves. I hope you brush the end of it against their faces, and tickle the gently. I hope you run your hand down it and realize how gorgeous you are, woman. I hope you smile when you realize that I wanted you to think that.

I hope all of you love it as much as I did. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas. God be with you.

Love,

A Hopeful Teenager

No comments: